We are always excited about welcoming new patients to our practice. Your first visit (approximately 60 min.) is very important, and Dr. Bolden's evaluation will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. (Records are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. Records include photos, digital X-rays, and impressions for digital study models. This additional records appointment will last approximately 1 hour.)
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
At your consultation visit we will discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Treatment Appointment Visits
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. You'll then see us at regular intervals 6 to 10 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes.
Our office hours for treatment appointments are:
- Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Wednesday from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm